You Will Need:
- Red Heart Yarn
- Crochet Hook
- Round Knifty Knitter Loom (Various sizes depending on the age and head size)
- The hat is knitted from the top down. Ewrap all the odd number pegs: 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. Knit using the one over one stitch (pull one loop over one loop).
- Using a second yarn color, ewrap the even number pegs: 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. Knit using the one over one stitch.
- Continue with steps 1 and 2 until the knit is 7 inches long. Always wrap the pegs with the same color used in the previous row.
- Using the color that you would like for the brim of the hat, create a ribbed brim by alternating ewrap and purl as you knit around the loom for 10 rows.
- Remove the hat from the loom by loosely crocheting once through each stitch as you remove it from the loom. Add a loose chain stitch between each of the loops.
- Sew through each loop at the top of the knit to pull closed the top of the hat.
How to Knit a Scarf with Vertical Stripes